I live by the 80/20 rule. I do not believe in cutting foods that I enjoy out of my diet completely, but like to fuel my body with foods that help me feel and perform at my best. That being said, I LIVE on avocado toast. I typically pair with egg whites, to boost the protein content, and am embarrassed to admit how often I eat this meal. I have a lot of clients at Tandem ask me what I eat, so, as I continue to develop this blog, I will sprinkle in some of the healthy, delish recipes I use in my diet. I don’t really vibe with “meal prep Sunday” or recipes that include extensive ingredient/step lists, so do not worry about anything you find here requiring a lot of prep time, or skill :).
AK’s Avocado Toast
- 2 pieces of Ezekiel bread (I keep mine frozen, and just toast it on the defrost setting on my toaster)
- 1 Avocado mashed
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Garlic Powder
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- Cayenne Pepper (if you’re feeling spicy)
- Mash avocado, add red pepper flakes, garlic powder, salt, pepper, cayenne to taste
- Top toast with avocado spread
- Add a drizzle of Sriricha, or honey, or nothing at all (delicious all three ways!) & ENJOY!
If I’m not enjoying this with egg whites, I’ll sometimes make a little spin on Eggs Benedict. Top each piece of toast with a slice of turkey bacon (my favorite brand is Wellshire Farm – I typically can only find it at Whole Foods), a poached egg, and either Sriricha or the Whole365 Extra Hot Habanero Hot Sauce!
Let me know your favorite way avocado toast recipes, I’m always looking to shake things up!